This website is a resource for those who wish to learn more about the history of divestment campaigns at Swarthmore College.
The website contains
- Archival documents from the Friends Historical Library concerning the South African apartheid divestment campaign
- Email exchanges between myself and administrators that convey the secrecy of Swarthmore’s investment policies and the difficulty in accessing information about divestment.
- Articles from archives of The Phoenix concerning divestment, mostly focusing on the South African apartheid divestment campaign
- A timeline with the major events of divestment campaigns, beginning with the South African apartheid divestment campaign and continuing to present-day divestment campaigns (coming soon!)
- Resources to connect with the different divestment campaigns at Swarthmore and to learn more about the divestment campaigns, as well as the broader history of student activism at Swarthmore